This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data and keep it safe.
Our products and services are aimed at those aged 16 and over.
When you are using the Lead The Walk website, Lead The Walk Limited is the data controller.
Lead The Walk is a UK based company and therefore, when visiting our website, personal data that we may collect through cookies or online forms will leave the EU for the UK.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we will make it clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order a product from us for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase and pass them to our delivery partner.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to law enforcement.
When we will collect and use your data
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy products.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you shop online, we capture information through cookies and similar technologies, you can manage these when you visit our site.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us with an enquiry
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- If you have a web account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we will keep an encrypted record of your login password.
If you choose not to share your personal data with us or refuse certain contact permissions, we may not be able to provide the services you have requested.
How we will use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as a refund.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected and sensitive data such as payment card information is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Contacting the regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (we can not be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
This notice was last updated on 19/02/2021